Tuesday, March 8, 2011

7/52 Bea on the Rocks

February 18, 2011

Bea exploring among the river rocks.  This was shot just below the Carbon River Glacier, near the Ranger Station in Mt Rainier National Park, Washington State.   We live on the banks of the Carbon River, miles downstream and often head up to the mouth where it originates at the glacier.  The scenery is stunning and well worth the 20 minute drive.

It is hard to get a decently focused shot when the dogs are running around in the rocks, the rocks confuse my auto focus.  The day was also rather dark, so I had to use a higher than normal ISO which contributed to the noise.  *sigh* 

Regardless, I am happy with the shot and her expression is perfectly Bea.   She is looking less and less like a puppy as the days go by.


Camera: Canon EOS 7D
Exposure/Shutter: 0.001 (1/1000)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO: 1600
Lens: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS

I had another difficult week decided on which shot to use for 52 Weeks.  I liked this one too.  Bea is standing at the base of an old growth tree that lies on the Carbon River bed.



My little girl is growing almost as fast as her ears.



It is hard to believe a few short months ago she looked like this


Where did my puppy go?



No comments:

Post a Comment