Tuesday, April 19, 2011

11/52 Happy to Bea

March 17, 2011

This is the Bea I see when I look at her.  Happy, smiling, yet still focused on what she is doing.

Her ears are fully up.  One of them still leans a bit over her head when she relaxes, but in time it will be fully upright all the time.

Teething has been fun.  I can tell when Bea has lost another tooth, because Brynn will have a big streak of blood on her neck where Bea hangs off her scruff as they are playing.  The other day I had the misfortune of kneeling on on a puppy molar, which darn near embedded into my knee cap.  It was almost as painful as stepping or kneeling one of my kid's Legos. OUCH!   Needless to say I will be happy when teething has passed.

What I have seen evolve over the past couple of weeks is Bea's personality.  She is no doubt going to be a confident, self assured little dog.  She is not afraid of much and has not yet met a stranger.  She loves everyone and is a joy to be around.   She has given herself a few jobs to do around the house.  For example - she feels it is her job to keep the back yard free of crows.  All crows.  Robins seem to be okay, but Crows are most definitely NOT allowed.  She will sit sentry on the back patio waiting for them to show up in the tree's then launch into barking.  We are doing our best to put a stop to this as it will drive me and our neighbors nuts.  *sigh* 

This weeks picture was another tough pick.  I am still struggling with the color of the icky grass in the field.  I went with this one because of her expression.  Her foot is a wee bit blurry, but I thought it showed the quickness of her movements - and her expression melts my heart. 

Aperture: f7.1
Shutter Speed/Exposure: 1/1000
ISO: 1250
Lens: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS

This week's runner up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment