Tuesday, April 19, 2011

14/52 Swimming Bea

April 8, 2011

Hi mom!  Look at me I am swimming! 


Aperture: f5.6
Shutter Speed/Exposure: 1/800
ISO: 400
Lens: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS


Another very tough week deciding which shot to use.  I ended up choosing the one above because it is something I want to remember.  This was the first time Bea submerged herself completely into the river, over her head and actually swam on her own, braving the current.  She was rather unsure at first, but grew more confident as she followed Brynn into the water to fetch the ball.  I also liked the hint of a reflection in the water, the lighting in her eyes and expression on her face.

As usual I had a couple of runner ups.

The concentration and light in her eyes, the splashing and the detail of the water attracted me to this shot - but she looked scared to me.  



This shot sends me into fits of giggles every time I see it. 



One very determined puppy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment