Tuesday, June 7, 2011

18/52 Bubble Bea

Camera:  Canon EOS 7D
Lens: Canon EF 135mm f/2L
Aperture: f5.0
Shutter/Exposure: 1/500
ISO: 2500

Bea is chasing a bubble in the yard.  My husband took one look at this and said Bea looked like a corgi because her legs were so small, yet her ears were so big.  Looking at it now I think he may be right. 

The technical stuff: the sun had fallen below the horizon, and it was getting dark in the backyard.  I shot this with an ISO 2500, which made it quite noisy - more than I am comfortable with.  Oh well...still a cute shot. 

A runner up selection for this week below. 


Because of the low lighting conditions (sunset) and the way I had to shoot in particular sections of my back yard (the sun needs to be at a certain angle to light up the bubbles the best way) it required I use a lower shutter speed than normal.  Most of the shots were not as crisp and sharp as I like - but they are still adorable.  



Bea really looks like a puppy in this shot


I think we will try this again, earlier in the evening for better lighting conditions.  The light will still be low, but with less cloud cover it will brighten up the colors so much more and I can use a better aperture setting so I am able to get deeper depth of field.   I also want to see how it looks when the vegetation has covered the fence in the back yard for a little more aesthetic appeal in the background.


Bea is intent on whatever she is doing...even killing a bubble.  


"So many bubbles, so little time!"


Bubble Bea to the rescue! 


No comments:

Post a Comment